za 06 apr.|
Karunika - Yoga and Spiritual Center
Life on your own terms
“Achieving success in life is not nearly as important as our definition of success.” - Mark Manson, “The Subtle Art of not giving a Fuck”
Time & Location
06 apr. 2019 10:00 – 16:00
Karunika - Yoga and Spiritual Center, Meerhuizenplein 11 & 38, 1078 TB Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Event
To have a beautiful, exciting, meaningful life - we all, in some way, are in search of it. However, most of the time, we are on auto-pilot, satisfying other’s expectations needs. Even in our search to being more ourselves, we follow what others say we should do things or be.
Our actions are direct mirrors of our values, and when values are not in line with our needs, and we find ourselves exhausted, cheated, unstabilized, unsure, and unsatisfied.
By discovering our needs and values and making our actions in direct alignment with these core aspects of who we are, we will find personal meaning and purpose that belongs to us.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn what values are, how they show up in our lives and how to search for our own term of success.
- Experience embodiment exercises to raise vital energy in our bodies, to start the day feeling and being in touch with your best self.
- Work individually and as a group to regain contact with your body and its relation to space and others around us.
- Experiment with different needs and values in order to find or re-discover the ones that resonate with you.
- Work as a group to practice expressing our needs and values in a safe environment.
- Write your own definition of success with small, achievable and practical actions that you can take after the workshop, in order to realign your life and self with your deepest and core values.
As your journey of self-discovery does not finish in one day, we invite you to experiment with values you will discover during this workshop after the session. The work always starts from somewhere, that is why it is important to start.
Grazyna Frackiewicz - is a theater practitioner, philosopher and workshop facilitator. She combines acting exercises with developmental psychology and improv techniques. In her work she focuses on playfulness and curiosity, proposing acting training as a study of the human being, connection with the self and with others and ultimately as a tool to create connected communities.
Megan Mateer - is a former consultant with an educational background in cultural psychology. She applies business innovation processes, design thinking practices to enhance the potential in individuals and improve group behavior. She emphasizes the importance of diversity and thinking outside of the box in creating sustainable positive change.
Our workshops deliver an experiential learning process, empowering participants to take responsibility for their situation and develop human skills applicable to both work and personal environments. As a result of our workshops, participants will get outside of their default mode and get into action. We humorously critique elements of society and find opportunities for empowerment and social change. We create content, host free workshops and develop public events to create spaces for conversation and positive protest to promote and to revive Human Connection.
Living your values - Workshop