ma 17 feb.|
Movement: community building for change managers: 3 day masterclass
We know change is tough...turbulence and instability, role transitions, engaging diverse stakeholders, power struggles, are all part of your daily job. Learn how to build a movement for your change project, applying community-building principles to transform your organization.
Time & Location
17 feb. 2020 10:00 – 19 feb. 2020 16:30
About the Event
Let's be honest. We are no longer living in an industrialized world, but companies are still operating as if people work like machines! Even forward-looking companies lack the human side of innovation that is crucial for transformation. They apply new processes or organizational frameworks like LEAN / Agile / Holocracy, but miss addressing the complex nature of interpersonal dynamics during these transitions. We help organizations benefit from operating less like factories and more like communities - by doing so, they're able to capitalize on collective wisdom to solve complex problems. If not, they stay stuck in mechanistic, procedural ways of working...losing the big picture and losing crucial opportunities for growth.
In this 3 day workshop, you will explore some of the most pressing human-centric changes that managers face in organizational development and transformation. Do you recognize these challenges in your organization?
- Balancing consensus-building with distributed decision making - how can we get buy-in from the right people while still making efficient and effective decisions?
- Transparency is absolutely necessary for transformation - but transparency is also very risky and can be uncomfortable for team members, especially when being transparent results in conflict or negative feelings. As a manager or team lead, how can we enable transparency?
- Change in controlling the "how" from a leader to the team (from people management to servant leadership)
- Understanding and applying system thinking to understand patterns and mechanisms
- Shifting from singular function silos to cross-functional teams - how can we capitalize on diverse skills and still be aligned?
Using practical tools and dialogue frameworks, you'll learn how to:
- Develop and align individual drivers with collective co-created purpose for change projects
- Understand personal reactions and fears related to change and transformation
- Practice communication structures to address discomfort
- Discover experimenting with failure and adaptability
- Accept discomfort during change
Our methods are inspired by tools and frameworks from Deep Democracy, Voice Dialogue, TheoryU, Ubuntu, Improv Comedy, Liberating Structures, Feminist Psychology, Design Thinking, and Open Dialogue.